Saturday, November 12, 2011

Today I'm Grateful For...

Dreams. Yep. I know, kind of weird and slightly delusional once in a while, (the worst ones are scary) but I love them. The other night Clay Matthews got in my car and protected us until the hubs returned. We even arm wrestled. (He was letting me win when Jon came back. P.S. His hair is gorgeous. {:)

I have been a spy, a widow, a runaway, and even the love of Vin Diesel's life. (The latter was in my high school years. No judging.)

Not all of my dreams are great. I have frequent nightmares, and once in a great while, night terrors.

In college, I dreamt that my cousin Karl and my husband (at the time I just had a HUGE crush on him) were working on a car. Something went wrong and Karl was about to get shocked from the battery, but Jon looked at me like he loved me and moved Karl out of the way, dying himself. 
We weren't even dating yet, but I cried myself awake. I had to go to his apartment to make sure he was alright. It was then that I realized I needed to dump my current boyfriend and get to know the hottie next door.

My very favorite dream, I will never forget. I had cried myself to sleep that night. My dad when I was eight, and even though I was in high school I was still having a hard time without him. Before I fell asleep, I whispered, "Daddy, where are you?"

In my dream, I was standing at our kitchen sink looking out the window at our front yard. I felt a presence behind me and turned around. There was my dad, standing by the stove, dressed in white. I immediately started to sob and reached out for him. He took a step back and put his hands up.
 

"No," he said. "You can't touch me. But I'm here. I'm still here."

That was the only other time I've ever cried myself awake.

I know dreams are subjective and are caused by numerous different things.  I know for a fact I didn't have that dream because of what I ate before bed. It wasn't because of a movie I had watched or a book I had read.

I know Heavenly Father allowed my dad to visit me that night, to let me know he wasn't gone forever. He was still around.


Do you have a favorite dream?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, tell me a story, or tell me I'm pretty. Just play nice.