Friday, November 18, 2011

Today I am Grateful for...

Music. Good, heartbreaking, music. I don't know why, but I love the longing looks, the sad goodbyes, and the lost loves. They reach me more than the "Walkin' on sunshine" tunes.

A friend once dubbed me Grey. And in so many ways, I am. I'm not dark. I'm not depressed. I'm not bubbly, or yellow. I enjoy Halloween just a little too much, and I only own one pink shirt.
I'm not crazy.
I'm just Grey.
And that is probably why I like my music that way.

Keane - Somewhere Only We Know
Dedicated to an unnamed person. I had such high hopes for the music video, but it's pretty plain. I also have big ideas for said music video, but no one wants my opinion. *sigh*

The Killers - A Dustland Fairytale
Just listen to it. Even better, watch the music vid. I've probably seen it at least one hundred times. No joke.

Vega4 - Life is Beautiful
No. This song is beautiful in a way that makes me a little sad.



A Fine Frenzy - Almost Lover
I listened to this song nonstop after a breakup of sorts. It didn't help it played all the time on MTV either.
Lyric tidbits:
"You sang me Spanish lullabies,The sweetest sadness in your eyes.
Clever tricks.
I never wanna see you unhappy.
I thought you'd want the same for me.

I cannot go to the ocean,
I cannot drive the streets at night.
I cannot wake up in the morning
without you on my mind.
So your gone and I'm haunted
And I'll bet you are just fine.
Did I make it that easy to walk right in and out
of my life?

Goodbye my almost lover.
Goodbye my hopeless dream.
I'm trying not to think about you.
Can't you just let me be?
So long my luckless romance.
My back is turned on you
Should've known you'd bring me heartache.
Almost lovers always do."




This last song is a Glee Cast mashup, but holy crud if they didn't do an amazing job.
She looks a bit angry, but I promise it's great. 
Hair, costume, choreography, voices... I can't stop watching it.


Do you have music you listen to when you're down? Or up? Or just need to cry?
Sometimes an episode of Grey's Anatomy works for the cry...


P.S. In case you didn't notice, yesterday's post was posted today. Yeah. Had it written, but didn't publish it. I'm a wee bit slow lately, but the sickness ebbs. So while I have a sane moment, I blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, tell me a story, or tell me I'm pretty. Just play nice.