Monday, July 18, 2011

Web Wed (early)

My internet is having fits this week, so I'm posting Web Wednesday early, just in case.

Right now, I'm in love with papercuts. Not the little devils you get from handling paper. No, no, no. I'm talking about this and this. What are they you ask? They are HANDCUT first of all, used for cards, decor, whatever. This woman is amazing. Her blog is Scherenschnitte and she is a papercutter. I just discovered her a couple of days ago, and I spent an hour just looking at ALL of her blog posts. Her talent is insane, her designs are extremely intricate, and let me just tell you, I no longer feel deprived not having a Cricut.

This is a design I am working on right now for my nephew for his birthday next month: Dino Ride. He's into dinosaurs, and even has a huge mural on his wall of a t-rex breaking through, so I thought he'd love this one. I'll post a picture when I'm finished. It's so fun, and while I can only work on it when my girls are asleep, I'm really excited about it!


Just a little sneak peek for next week...
  • Better Than Procreating Cake and Sinful Strawberry Cake
  • Finished Dino Ride papercut
  • Lovable Labels review and a giveaway!
So stick around!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I am your newest follower from the Blog hop. stop by some time!

    Sabrina

    Sabrinassillys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nina! Thanks for stopping by and commenting the other day. I got the burlap for my Pottery Barn wall organizer knock off at Joanns craft store. It was in the section with cross stitch and embroidery.

    I am following you now. Going to have to check out this papercutter you posted about. Have a great day.

    Saved By Love Creations

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, tell me a story, or tell me I'm pretty. Just play nice.