Friday, July 15, 2011

Framed Wooden Utensils

I have so much old silverware that I was going to try framing some and hanging it up in my kitchen. I found a great tut here. So I went to the DI (Deseret Industries) looking for burlap cloth and a knife that would match the spoon and fork I already had picked out. However, once I arrived at the utensil aisle, I saw the wooden pieces and thought, Maybe that would look better with the table I have in there... So, the silverware idea went into a little folder in the back of my mind (I'll save it for this) and a new one was opened.

What you'll need:

  • Frame
  • Three pieces of wooden utensils
  • Non-slip covering used on shelves
  • Hot glue gun
  • Glue stick
  • Scissors
  • Pen
First, take all of the pieces out of your frame. (Glass, mat, picture, backing, etc.) Then measure and cut the non-slip lining to the same size as the glass. Using the glue stick, glue it to the backing. Place that back in your frame without the glass.
    Now place the wooden utensils on the lining and make a small mark so you'll remember where you want them.
    Line the handle with a strip of hot glue and press firmly. Hot glue dries quickly, so you should only have to hold it for about 15 seconds.
    And you're done!
    Total, this piece cost me about $6 to make. I love it!
    Now I just need to find some vinyl lettering or something to bring it all together.
          

I linked up to Whipperberry, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, tell me a story, or tell me I'm pretty. Just play nice.