Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th!

"...Where the air is full of sunlight and the flag is full of stars."
-Henry Van Dyke

One of my all-time favorite floats I have ever seen in a parade, was done by some extended family in my hometown. A few brothers recreated the scene of those six men raising the flag in Iwo Jima. That year, their float took first place and I've never been able to forget it. As you enjoy the parade, the food, your family, and the fireworks, don't forget those men and women that fought so hard to give us this amazing life we enjoy. Remember to thank any military personnel you see. And while this is a day to celebrate this wonderful country we live in, it's also to give thanks to those that got us here.

Freedom isn't free.
We all must pay a price.
Some have paid with tears,
Others with their lives.

"Sure, I wave the American flag. Do you know a better one?"
-John Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, tell me a story, or tell me I'm pretty. Just play nice.