Friday, August 26, 2011

White Wedding Cake Cupcakes + Chocolate Buttercream Frosting = Drool

Yesterday, I made these White Wedding Cake Cupcakes...

Simply because I could. And they were delicious. I LOVE white cake with chocolate frosting. They go together perfectly.
And the recipe for the cupcakes is super easy! It starts out with a regular white box cake mix, but spruces it up to a heavenly, wedding-worthy cake.

The icing recipe came from Wilton's, so you already know it's amazing. But seriously... Holy. Nut. It's so chocolatey and smooth and... Just perfect. The way frosting should be. I didn't take pictures because my phone is the only camera I have, and I needed the games on my phone to keep the girls busy while I made (and hid) these.

But I'll post the recipes here for you, just so you don't have to go all over.

I wish I had more friends that were getting married. I love wedding cake way too much...

White Wedding Cake Cupcakes

Ingredients:
1 (18.25 ounce) box white cake mix

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated white sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cups water
2 Tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
4 large egg whites

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Place cupcake liners in cupcake pans (you'll need approximately 36).
2. In a large bowl, whisk together cake mix, flour, sugar and salt. Add remaining ingredients and beat with hand mixer for 2 minutes, or until well blended.

3. Fill about 3/4 full-between 1/4 and 1/3 of a cup. Bake about 18 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Let cool completely before frosting.

Chocolate Buttercream from Wilton's
Ingredients:
1/2 C solid vegetable shortening
1/2 C butter, softened
3/4 C cocoa OR 3-1oz unsweetened chocolate squares, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 C confectioners sugar (approximately 1 lb.)
3-4 T milk

Directions:
1. Cream shortening and butter together.
2. Add vanilla and cocoa. Mix well.
3. Beat in sugar, 1 cup at a time. Once sugar is completely incorporated, add milk and beat until light and fluffy.
Keep in an air-tight container, refrigerated until ready to use. Rewhip before using.

Try to leave some in the bowl for the cupcakes. But feel free to lick the beaters. {:

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I could use a cupcake right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! You have me drooling for cupcakes too now. lol
    Thanks for visiting my blog and good luck in the draw.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, tell me a story, or tell me I'm pretty. Just play nice.