The FTM with her entry:
"The FTM said...
Following GFC style
ftmalways at gmail dot com"
*If the winner does not respond within 24 hours I will pick a new winner. Because there were 9 entries from 2 people, I will simply pick the other person. If there were more than 2 people that had entered, I would use Random.Org to generate another random number for me.
I made S'More treats for my good friend Viri yesterday so I thought I'd share them with you. Well, the recipe anyway. They are made with Golden Grahams (we use the off-brand and they still taste amazing) marshmallows, chocolate chips, and butter. It's just like making Rice Krispie treats, but you swap cereals and add chocolate. (For S'Mores, that's a given.) You'll see they're super easy. Here's the recipe:
1/2 cube butter or margarine (1/4 C)
1 bag marshmallows (Preferably small but big ones will work too as long as it's 10 oz.) Take out a handful and set aside.
6 cups cereal (The great thing is you can choose whatever kind you like!)
1 tsp vanilla extract (Completely optional. I only use this with Rice Krispie treats.)
1/2 C (or more) chocolate chips or mini M&Ms.
- Measure the cereal into a large bowl. Make sure the bowl is large enough you'll be able to stir the cereal without it falling out. (If I'm making a large batch, I'll spray this bowl with a little PAM. Trust me, it's easier.)
- Lightly spray the pan you'll be putting the treats into. (I use PAM. And while it's no big deal if you forget, it does make a difference.)
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan. When it's almost completely melted, add the marshmallows. Let them sit for 15-30 seconds before you start stirring. Stir slowly until the marshmallows are melted and mixed completely with the butter. Remove from heat. (This is where you'd add the vanilla and/or M&Ms if you're going to.)
- Pour over the cereal making sure to scrape the bowl. Or leave some in there to scrape out and eat later. Mix with a spatula until cereal seems to be covered evenly. Remember that handful you took out and set aside? Sprinkle those in and stir a little. I don't know why, but it looks better when there are a few marshmallows that weren't completely melted.
- Pour the mixture into your pan and place in fridge until set.
- If you're going to drizzle the chocolate on top, this step can be done right after you've put them in the pan, or after they've been in the fridge for a while. It's up to you. Melt chocolate in microwave in 15-30 second intervals, stirring in between. I like to fold over the top of a sandwich bag and scoop the chocolate into it. Close it, snip off a corner, and drizzle the chocolate on top. When you're done, you can throw away the bag.
- Cut into squares and eat!
- This is optional, but you could share with your kids... Or not.