Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Website Wednesday

Welcome to another Website Wednesday!
I actually had a few sites in mind for this week, and I was debating on which one to share, but when I finally had the chance to try this one, it won. Hands down and all that jazz. I've been meaning to check it out for a while, but I was worried to join it at first thinking it would be more difficult to deal with than it actually is. Yes. I was scared. Stop judging me. However...
It. Is. Amazing.
Seriously, I don't know what I would do without it now.
(Okay, I do. But trust me when I say it wouldn't be pretty.)
So, I give you...


It is literally a virtual pin board. First things first: you request an invitation. There is actually a waiting list because of the awesomeness of this site. (I only waited about 15 minutes before I got an e-mail to join. Nothing too dramatic.) You can go to pinterest.com to request one, or like their Facebook page and post on their wall that you'd like an invite. That way another member can invite you.

Once you've received your invite, you go to Pinterest to set up your account. There are instructions that help you set up the names of the boards you want, and you're shown other people's boards, recent pins, etc.

So here's how it works. Let's say I'm looking at birthday cake ideas on a blog and I find one that I want to try. Usually, I would just add the url to my favorites folder. (My husband keeps getting after me about doing this because my folders are super full!) Then I'd right-click the picture, save as the url for it, and save the picture under my crafts/cakes folder. (This really does take up a ton of memory.) 
Now with Pinterest I...
1) Hit the little Pin button on my toolbar
2) Select the picture I'm wanting to "Pin"
3) Type in a description
4) Click Pin It!
And voila! I have saved the picture along with the site url. No memory used on my laptop, but I still have access to it when I need it. The site is simple, with few frills, but who needs them when you see all of your favorite things in a lovely collage?
I sigh with happiness.
Le sigh....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, tell me a story, or tell me I'm pretty. Just play nice.