Wednesday, September 14, 2011

46 Days - Cagey Decor

This is a... erm, lovely bird cage I found at the DI a bit ago. This is the before picture, mind you. I have since gutted it of it's flowery entrails and painted it a nice matte black. It's sitting on my balcony, waiting for me to finish the little fabric birds (free pattern found here, thanks to fern and freckle) and maybe add a little moss. I'm still debating on whether or not I should make one of the birds with wings out and ruffled.

Because I already had the paint, the fabric (which used to be a shirt), and a few other things, I spent a total of $1.50 on this project, which is what I paid for the cage. Not bad, eh?
I'll post the after pics once it's all together. 

How are you getting ready for Halloween?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, tell me a story, or tell me I'm pretty. Just play nice.