Monday, August 15, 2011

Sidewalk Paint

*Today is the last day you can enter to win the Camp Pack from Lovable Labels*

Back to the sidewalk...
Boredom started taking over our Saturday afternoon. Dad didn't have to go in to work, but we didn't want to go anywhere or spend money. However, we still needed to get out. I looked around and found several recipes for sidewalk paint. Most of them were the same, so I got out my cornstarch, some containers I'd been saving for a project like this, and my old paintbrushes.

The recipe calls for equal parts cornstarch and water, plus a few drops of food coloring. You can add more starch if you want the color to be more intense once the paint is dry, but really, you don't need to.

I used some Neon food coloring (you can buy it pretty much anywhere-WalMart, Target, etc.) We used each one-green, blue, purple, and pink. The green looked more like a sickly yellow, but it still worked. I took pictures of the process and the girls actually painting, but they were deleted before they could be saved. Below are pictures of the girls admiring their artwork.
 They can't just hold their arms up and say, "Ta-da!"
Weird girls. Whose kids are these...? {:
Me: "Cali, show me your artwork."
Cali: *Lays on grass and points* "See?"
 
 (See the big top tent? I've got circus on the brain since I'm planning the girls' birthday party in October.)
 For how chaotic and crazy her personality is, she's very focused on the details in this picture...
I think the girls were watching a bug crawl away, but it had been painted blue so it was camouflaged.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, tell me a story, or tell me I'm pretty. Just play nice.