Saturday, June 7, 2014

Printing Issues

I really wanted to print a poster for my home decor. I found it on Pinterest or Tumblr (I don't remember which,) sized it, and sent it to WalMart for printing. When I got there, the man asked me, "Did you find this image on the internet?" I told him I had and he said, "Legally, I can't sell this to you. There's a law against it. Here's a number you can call for your refund."
This wasn't art, it was a still from a black and white movie, but what if it was somebody's art? What if they had no idea it was even making rounds on Pinterest or Tumblr and I had been able to print it? I was bummed, but at the same time I was kind of like, Yeah, WalMart. You go.

So here's the one I wanted:

And here's the one I made:

I like how it turned out. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, tell me a story, or tell me I'm pretty. Just play nice.